The majority of us spend most of our waking hours in the workplace and that time is often sedentary. That can lead to weight gain, especially for those who are confined to desks. And for millennials who are transitioning from an active campus lifestyle to office life, it is an unexpected challenge. But there are simple and effective ways to stimulate your metabolism while at work, which also boosts brain health and productivity. Here are a few tips to help create a healthier work environment and a fitter you!
- Stand up at your desk when you do calls.
- Use a mini-desk stepper to keep your legs moving under your desk.
- Take lunch time walks.
- Do standing or walking meetings rather than sitting.
- Put your trash can on the other side of your office to force you up.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- walk to offices instead of sending emailing.
- Find a fitness buddy to walk to coffee.